This year’s Greenbuild Conference and Expo will feature over 270 sessions that include education sessions, summits, expo discussions, tours and more.
To help you plan your days, we’ve listed some of the offerings focused on the Sustainable SITES Initiative (SITES®), the most comprehensive rating system for developing sustainable landscapes. Administered by GBCI, SITES offers a systematic rating system designed to define sustainable sites, measure their performance and, ultimately, evaluate the value of landscapes. SITES certification is for development projects located on sites with our without buildings—ranging from national parks to corporate campuses, from streetscapes to gardens. The SITES rating system is currently being used by landscape architects, designers, engineers, architects, developers, policymakers and others.
- Understanding the SITES®v2 Rating System for Sustainable Land Design and Development (Monday, Nov. 16, 1:00-5:00 p.m.): Attendees of this half-day workshop will gain an overview of the SITES v2 rating system, learn how SITES (and an integrative design process) can offset development impacts while protecting and restoring ecosystem services, understand the synergies and distinctions of LEED and SITES credits and examine successful projects that employ sustainable landscape strategies.
- Sustainable SITES: Systems, Strategies and Solutions for Landscapes (Wednesday, Nov. 18, 4:30-5:30 p.m.): Led by SITES users and GBCI staff, this expo stage session will allow participants to learn more about the SITES rating system and how it can be applied to existing or future projects. It will explore how SITES and LEED are complimentary rating systems which, when used together, can help exceed your sustainability goals. Learn how aligning land design and development practices with the functions of healthy ecosystems can protect, restore and enhance ecosystem services.
Also check out:
- Next Generation of Certification: LEED v4, WELL, SITES, PEER and GRESB
- Green building system synergies: LEED-SITES-WELL
- Building a Regenerative and Resilient Camps: A Connect and Learn focus on LEED v4, SITES and PEER
- Meet the SITES Experts
- Green Building Tours: River Ride Along the Watershed or Harboring a New Beginning: A Vision of Neighborhood Development
Want to learn more? Subject matter experts will be available throughout the conference at the SITES Booth #1951 and in the GBCI Certification Work Zone at 151AB. Visit them for more information on all topics within the SITES v2 Rating System.