Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens is a popular craft brewery and restaurant destination in North San Diego County. Greg Koch, Stone Brewing Co. CEO and founder, has a strong commitment to sustainability and community. He enrolled the help of landscape architects Schmidt Design Group to help realize his vision of creating an eclectic setting that would be unique, organic, and versatile. The gardens were eventually built as a one-acre park-like environment for dining, relaxing, exploration, and special events. The eclectic plant palette includes edible plantings and many Mediterranean varieties, providing an organic, southern California feeling to the space. The project was awarded the President's Award from the American Society of Landscape Architects San Diego in 2009.
photo by John Durant
- Stone Brewing Co.: Greg Koch, Owner
- Schmidt Design Group, Inc.: Glen Schmidt, Landscape Architect
- Spear & Associates, Inc.: Danny Abada, Civil Engineer
- Hamann Companies: John Belcher, General Contractor
- Landscape Plus: Matthew Jerman, Landscape Contractor