Heading to Greenbuild this year? To help you plan your days, we’ve listed some of the offerings focused on SITES®, a rating system for developing sustainable landscapes. SITES is being used by landscape architects, engineers, architects, developers and policy makers to align land development with innovative sustainable design.
The SITES Rating System defines what a sustainable site is and, ultimately elevates the value of landscapes in the built environment. The rating system can be applied to development projects located on sites with or without buildings—ranging from national parks to corporate campuses, from streetscapes to gardens.
Attend one of our sessions and learn more about recent developments of the SITES Rating System:
- Exploring the SITES v2 Rating System for Sustainable Land Design and Development (Monday, Oct. 3, 8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.): This interactive half-day workshop will explore the SITES v2 Rating System and make the case for pursuing SITES v2 certification using real-world project examples. It will also highlight important connections and distinctions between SITES and LEED. Attendees will be able to speak to the value of SITES, understand the rating system components and themes, identify important steps for pursuing SITES certification and set a framework to start studying for the new SITES AP exam.
- Sustainability Beyond the Building: Announcing the First Certified v2 SITES Projects (Wednesday, Oct. 5, 10:15 a.m.–11:15 a.m.): In this session, leaders in SITES and sustainable landscape design will announce and explore the first certified projects under v2 of the SITES Rating System. Ranging from a campus transformation to a major urban landmark, this session will feature an in-depth look into the strategies used to achieve SITES certification. Attendees will learn about opportunities for utilizing the program in future projects and explore how SITES fosters regenerative, resilient places and spaces.
- Driving Sustainability Beyond the Building: SITES Updates (Friday, Oct. 7, 9:30 a.m.–10:30 a.m.): In this session, attendees will hear about the development of the SITES Rating System under GBCI’s stewardship, become familiar with its initial applications through v2 of the SITES Rating System and learn about the first set of certified projects under SITES v2. GBCI® will also preview exciting new developments in the launch of the SITES Accredited Professional (SITES AP) program.
Want to learn more? Subject matter experts will be available throughout the conference at the SITES Booth #1419 and in the GBCI Certification Work Zone. Visit them to register your project and to speak with members of the SITES team about the rating system or the SITES AP.
Also check out:
- High Performance Campus: Campus + SITES + Parksmart
- The Value of Applying Multiple Rating Systems
- Designing for Shocks: Prioritizing Resiliency through LEED, SITES and PEER